HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to Treestand...
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 02:57 PM
CamoCop
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to Treestand...

first you got to decide whether you want to hunt from the ground (ground blind) or a tree (tree stand). there are 3 basic types of tree stands, climbing tree stands (which are not as hard to operate as you might think), lock on stands (which you have to attatch steps to the tree and fasten the stand to the tree) and ladder stands (which lean up against the tree). the easiest out of all of them is the ladder stand. it is also the quietest and quickest way to get set up to hunt. the only draw back to ladder stands is they normally take alot more effort to initially set up and take down....but once set up you just climb in them and hunt. you leave them on the tree. i favor the climbing stands because i like to be very versatile. i move around alot from place to place to keep the deer from patterning me. in climbing stands you can also climb as high as the tree allows and/or you are comfortable. the drawback to climbing stands is you have to "climb" the tree each time you hunt....which does make some noise and takes a couple extra minutes. i don't know much about the lock on stands because they have never "impressed" me enough to buy one.