HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any ideas for a blind design?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Scott/IL
Nontypical Buck

Default Any ideas for a blind design?

Here is the situation:

A new spot I hunted this year is in a great corner of a field. It was in corn this year, and soybeans next. It backs up to a great staging area and bedding area.However that staging area is on the neighbors and is not huntable.I always saw deer out of this spot. I hunted it with a decoy a few times with great success.

The only problem with it is a lot of the shots are pretty far out and using a decoy they sometimes circle the wrong way. There is a little crest at 30 yards from my stand that I can set the decoy up on and it can be seen from almost the whole field.

I want some kind of blind that I will be able to hunt out of in the middle of the field. Not sure what approach to take here, or even if being that exposed in the open is a good idea. There has been no pattern from the most active trails the bucks take to the feild from my sightings and trial camera pics I have so far.

I was thinking of building abox blind and taking corn stalks and painting a camo pattern on it, then taking corn stalks and tying them to it for additional cover.

This field was very active this year. I saw a 140 inch10pt., 160 inch 12 pt., and had several run ins with a tall 130 inch 8 pt.