HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Obsessed with Deer!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Mossy_71

Default RE: Obsessed with Deer!

I guess that I'm pretty fortunate in that I have access to deer hunting rougly four-and-a-half months out of the year. I live in Alabama, and our bow season came in this year on October 13th and gun season came in on the 17th of November. The both of them run through the end of January. I just haven't been able to be out int he woods yet this year (birth of my third son was this past Thursday and the wife convinced me that being at my hunting club two hours away was not a good idea...I'm smart enough to know which battles to pick).

I was raised in the panhandle of Florida (Northwest Florida) in farming country where we can hunt through February.

The rest of my year--outside of caoching youth baseball--is spent on preparation for the next season. This coming off-season will be the best. I plan getting my 6-yo son a small caliber deer rifle (.223 or .243)and start letting him shoot at the range and getting him ready for next year. At his age, he knows more about whitetailed deer than some people that have hunted a lifetime. I'm so excited.