HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY deer survey please reply
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY deer survey please reply

I really don't think many changes are needed. I think doe permits need to be managed by region which is already being done. I think the legal age to hunt with ANY weapon should be 12 to keep youngsters interested in the sport. I do not support antler restriction rules in any way. The DEC's or any states game departments responsibilty is to manage deer numbers and NOT the number of antler points on a bucks antlers when it get's shot by a hunter. Managing deer numbers has NOTHING to do with antler size no matter what anyone tries to say. I see no reason to shorten the gun season either. If bowhunters can hunt for over two months, why can't gun hunters hunt a little over three weeks? I wouldn't mind seeing a mandatory rule for blaze orange to be worn during firearms season for deer. It amazes me how many people have so much confidence in their fellow man when they hunt in full camo during the gun season. I fully realize that one needs to identify their target before pulling the trigger, but go tell that to the other guys hunting around you who can't wait to get a shot at something!