HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First ever coyote
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 AM
BPBowhunter
Fork Horn

Default First ever coyote

Well, yesterday was the last day of the PA firearms season, and although I've been trying to hold out using my bow during the season I decided to take the rifle for a walk yesterday and boy was I glad I did.

My main goal for this year was to help manage and betterthe deer herd in my neck of the woods. The last few years we have been very selective about the animals we have been taking and it seems to be paying off, even though I still have all of my tags left. We do not shoot yearling deer, and we are trying our bestto only take 2.5 year oldor older bucks if possible. All through our early archery and now rifle season we have been seeing several resectable 1.5 year old bucks and I can't wait to see them growanother year.

About 8 o'clock yesterday morning this fellow was cruising across the CRP field following a few small does and I was able totake him at about 80 yards. This is my first ever coyote and boy was I excited. I will be back out there in our late season, bow in tow trying to put some venison in the freezer.

Good luck and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Brian