HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for new bow, (Bowtech, Mathews or Hoyt)
Old 12-08-2007, 09:58 PM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Default RE: Looking for new bow, (Bowtech, Mathews or Hoyt)

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

The best bowhunter I know shoots a Mathews Q2 and, although he could easily afford a new General, intends to continue to hunt with his slightly "outdated" bow. You really need to get out and test drive these new bows before buying. And make sure it is an "apples to apples" comparison where you are shooting the same draw weight and draw length. If you are like me, you will find that these speedier bows have a less pleasant draw cycle. Many of the new ones are really quiet and extremely "dead" in your hand in terms of shock and vibration, though - and this would be a better excuse for me to buy one than 20 fps more speed.
I would have to agree with this statement, I pulled back on the new airborne by bowtech which was set at 71# and thought it was really a hard pull, I am sure that bow smokes arrows but that draw really had me liking my Hoyt Vetrix which I did chronograph last night. I shot a 29 1/8 inch 387 grain arrow 270 FPS with a 65# pulland 28 inch draw cycle,

These faster bows are really nice but I will weight until they have one that has an easier draw cycle before I think about buying one. Bottom line is you need to shoot what is comfortable for you, I can shoot my Vetrix for 4 hours straight.