HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - help me buy cold weather hunting boots
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:11 AM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: help me buy cold weather hunting boots

For your price range I'd check out Irish Setter's. Mine have outperformed rocky's easily and that was before they became walmart specials (aka reasonable). Couple a 800gr -1000grboot with polyproplene sock liners and good wool socks you should be ok in moderately cold weather. Make sure you buy them to have room to wiggle the toes with your heaviest socks.

I guess it depends on how cold your talking but to me good boots come with a price if you will be sitting for extended periods of time. Up here right now with the windchill it isclose to-40c,air temperature is sitting at -25c. If I were hunting on such a day I would be wearing pack boots made by Schnee. I have had a lot of boots and by far the best boot I have owned are the Schnee's when the mercury drops. These boots have a good grip/sole and are functionable on the move as well. Mine are Extreme's with 1000gr total weight insulation and sell for around 200.Money wellspent fora cold weather hunting/winter boot.