HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread
Old 12-06-2007, 07:59 PM
BowHunter46
Typical Buck

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Geno thats exactly right. And what really gets me all worked up are their fenced in areas. In places where there are no pine trees, the growth is EXACTLY the same! Theres onearea in Clear Creek state Park where they cleared some pine trees put in a fence and what-a-ya-know, lush green shrubs pop up! Then of coarse the deer arn't able to access this new growth and are forced to search for food under the darkness of the pine trees. Before they know it, thedeer that are left are blasted out of the woods because of this "new growth."

Reguarding to my original post on this issue, I know there are more deer around my hunting area down here in 2d. I saw 10 doe the first day of archery and at least 5 different bucks. But I have no idea where they dissapeared too. Nobody Ive talked to has seen much of anything and Ionly know of 3 doe taken in rifle. Thats a total of six deer taken off the property all year (my 7 point and 2 other 10 points in archery). But deer numbers are still much lower than I would like to see.