HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Browning BAR -vs- Winchester SXR -vs- Remington 750 Model Woodsmaster.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:43 PM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Browning BAR -vs- Winchester SXR -vs- Remington 750 Model Woodsmaster.

Browning BAR right now is the finest autoloader made. It has a beautifully rifled barrel ,steel receiver unless you get the lightweight version and a trouble free gas system. The trigger mechanism is metal.

Pros: Browing
[ol][*]Belgium workmanship[*]great gas sytem[*]extremely accurate[*]higher quality piece of wood for a stock[*]Spoke to a browning Master(?) dealer about 1 hour from my house and he told me he didn't think BAR's (steel) would be made much longer since they are expensive to produce. based on that and our falling dollar I could only imagine them getting more expensive NIB[/ol]
Cons: Browning

1. Certain models will be heavier then the SXR and the 750

Pros: Winchester SXR and Browning Short Trac

[ol][*]Light weight[/ol]
Cons: Winchester SXR

[ol][*]One rifling twist for a myriad of calibers[*] Barrel not same quality as a BAR[*] Cheap Wood[*] Alloy Receiver although the BAR lightweight has one as well[*] Polymer triggerguard assembly[/ol]

Pros: Remington 750
[ol][*] Improved gas system and stock[/ol]
Cons: Remington 750

[ol][*]Still has similiar parts to the old 740 one of the worst autoloaders on record[/ol]

Get the BAR life is too short