HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread
Old 12-05-2007, 05:19 PM
BowHunter46
Typical Buck

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

OB75 tell your nephew congrats, thats a heck of a buck!

I went out rifle huntin yesterday but didnt see a thing. I only crossed paths with three sets of tracks, all in one group.There usedto betons of deer still runnin around, but not this year. Even with such a crummy first day. IMO the game commission is killin too many doe, in this part of the state at least.[:@] I probably wont apply for a doe tag next year. My friend was up at his camp in 2F (around the Allegheny National Forest) during the archery season. He has hunted through archery and on into rifle. He has seen FOUR deer total. One doe in archery, and a group of 3 deer running past his stand in rifle 100 yards away.

What evidence does the game commission have that the deer are "eating all the new growth" anyway? Their logic just doesnt make sence to me.

Anyway, AR, good luck goose huntin! As crazy as it sounds,Im waiting for the ponds to freeze up before I head out to shoot at some geese. The only waterway I have access to is a creek, so parts of it remain un frozen in the winter, and the geese flock up in those areas almost every evening. Although, after 3 years of hunting goose and duck, Ive yet to get one.[&:]