HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C ENCORE 209x50
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Slow Burn
Fork Horn

Default RE: T/C ENCORE 209x50

I wanted to reply with some info; however, I am new member. I am currently deployed, but I wanted to put my two cents worth in on the discussion of the TC Encore. It's a great rifle. It feels and handles very well. However, my rifle seems to be particular about what powder and bullet. My wife purchased the rifle for my birthday and she spent quite a bit of money. She also bought a 3x9x40 Nikon scope. I have tried the 250 grain SST and the shock wave by TC and to say that I was severely disappointed by the performance of my Encore would be an understatement. I continue tinkering with the loads and the best group I could get was about 4" at 100 yards. Cecil Epps came up with the fix for the problem. After converting from a 209 primer to shoot small rifle primers my rifle shoots a consistant 1.5" group at 100 yards. Now, I have a couple of friends who have had absolutely no problem what so ever with there Encore's and they shoot better than what mine does. I will say this that there is no TC encore with any scope that is capable of shooting a 1" group at 200 yards. It isn't possible, because of the subtension of the reticule. In other words the cross hair of the scope will cover an area greater than a 1" group at 200 yards. However the TC Encore is a great rifle and worth every penny of its price.

Fighting for Freedom and Dying for Liberty