HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - which broadheads??
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
bowdoc1

Default RE: which broadheads??

The biggest lie told to hunters is that carbon arrows penetrate better, theydo infoam targets or gelitin blocks but not inflesh, the smooth aluminum shaftenters the body cavitythrough the gaping wound cut by the broadhead and the smooth aluminum has less friction than carbon on the trek through the body. By switching to aluminum and a fixed head, you'llquiet your bow, add 10-15% more energy to your shot and you'll have much better down range power to boot.Hunting is not a3-D competition,the object is to penetrate and killthetarget on the other end.

I have shot all sizes of aluminums heavy ones and light ones over my years for hunting and I got to say carbon are the best hunting arrow I have ever used for hunting. More energy out of the bow, on the hit and smaller diameter pass through all most every time. I have not ever had a aluminum arrow penetrate as good as the carbons in my 45 years of bowhunting. May you think I'm a lier, but I will stay with my carbon 400 axis and keep blowing through every thing I shoot from foam to big game. You can believe what you want can't believe what you just said. I'm not ever going back to aluminums for hunting, maybe for indoor target. "foam" easier to put out of the target they don't go in as far.