HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting for a career?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 04:14 PM
tsoc
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting for a career?

I am going to make a distinction with the question originally posed.I would not want to hunt for a living if I had to do so under someone else's terms.if I had to promote products I didn't believe in or pass up shots at once in a lifetime animals because the camera person can't see the animal in the same manner I can.Go to camps I didn't want to go to,hunt with folks I may not want to hunt with etc..Scouting and Hunting is my time and I want to do it in the manner that Ichoose to.
I believe that when something becomes a have to it loses a lot of it's appeal.Like others here I had been involved in competetive athletics for a lot of my life,I was a three night a week and tournaments on weekends modified fast pitch softball player.When it got to the point where I was changing my clothes while driving to the games because of my business committments being what they are,I said to myself this is crazy,this isn't fun any more!
If I was Wealthy and single I would scout and hunt two to three times the amount I do now which for deer is about 30 days a year.As it stands though I can't in good conscience take that time away from my family,or my business.
If I could put in the same 50 to 55 hours a week that I work nowhunting locally and see my family at the beginning and at the end of every day and accomplish financially what I wished to than I would do it in the blink of an eye.