HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting for a career?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 03:38 PM
_Dan

Default RE: Hunting for a career?

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I don't know guys, I sit here at work all day thinking about hunting, posting on this forum, and thinking about the next time I'll be able to hunt. I put in countless extra hours preparing to hunt, taking time away that I could spend with my family. Then while hunting I put countless hours in on stand taking more time away from the family. If you told me I could take all of those hours that I currently sacrifice willingly from my family and not have to schedule them around a full-time job, and that you would pay me for it, and send me to places that I otherwise would never get to hunt. Well, I'd jump on that opportunity in a second.

You make some great points. I also believe we are looking at 2 totally different aspects of the industry...the technical and the hunting part. Personally, the technical...no thanks. Hunting....hell yeah.

Here was my revelation today......

My family owns 3 grocery and 2 hardware stores. I was sitting in my brothers office and people were coming to him with all sorts of different questions and problems.....I looked at him and said "Damn, am I glad I moved to Canada."

There is no way I could sit indoors. When I am having a bad day and I start to feel like camp and the outdoors are becoming a job......I call my brother, talk hunting for a bit, hang up and grin from ear to ear....