HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting for a career?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 02:26 PM
kshunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting for a career?

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Since I was sort of mentioned I'll TRY to give my .02....

Hunting is not a career for me....close, but not. Full time I own a bear hunting and fishing camp in Ontario Canada. Its balls to the walls in the outdoors 16 hrs per day from Mid April to the end of September....I don't consider it a job, more of a lifestyle. Doing this has provided me the opportunity to hunt a ton in the fall....my passion.

This year, after Joey asked me, I decided to throw another challenge into the mix and begin filming......for fun.....not looking to gain anything monetarily (yeah I can't spell) I have found it to be an absolute blast! Not only will I have the memories on film, but I will get to share my experiences and knowledge with others.

I don't and won't consider it as a career.....more or less a lifestyle. It wouldn't be for everyone and it takes a lot of questioning yourself to determine if you really want to do it. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Right on. For me it's not about making it a career or even make money. Just like most of the average Joe hunters, i've neverhunted with guides, don't own big farms or even hunt on leases... It's about doing what I love to do with what I'm given. It has been my passion for a long time and my lifestyle even longer. Filming the hunt brings a whole new aspect & challenge to hunting that I enjoy. And since my wife is with me 95% of the time when I'm hunting, it's makes it that much more enjoyable, since i'm able to spend quality time with her in the outdoors.