HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - encore problems
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 06:07 PM
cataway
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: encore problems

ORIGINAL: cataway

ORIGINAL: flint head

You are talking about the Pro-Hunters and 777 primers... this is no big deal. The 777 primers are a little biger than normal and due to the tight tolerences that TC has the hammer is not cocking. Although I shoot these primers in my TC without a problem, the easy fix is just to switch 209's.
I'll try a t7 primer tomorrow on a pro- hunter , i just tryed one in my encore no problems what so ever.
i will also try the remington ML primer just to see if that makes any difference.
and yeah i mic ed a t7 primer it is .oo6 longer than a remington ML primer.
we pulled a pro -hunter off the gun rack and tryed both primers, not a hint of problems and as it just so happens the guy with the bad p h just happened to walk in, he's dumbfounded as to why his is not working,thing is he and two of his Friends just bought one and there having the same problem, they have to slam there guns shut . one more little oddity is that the two screws that hold the forearm on one of the screws is just a hair longer than the other ,if there put in the right spot no problem it not than the ramrod can not be removed. why they would have two different screws is beyound me