HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New .280 rem in Ruger or Remington?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 01:30 PM
SevenMag

Default RE: New .280 rem in Ruger or Remington?

i refuse to slam the ruger (or any other gun for that matter) cuz i know that, for the most part, any of the top tier manufacturers make top notch gear now days... i've never had a failure out of a Rem700, they fit me well and i've had great success with them... i've had my current BDL now for about 17yrs (maybe more, i think) and my dad has had his since about '74, both have been perfectly reliable and as accurate as I could hope for... to date i'm batting 1.000 on my hunting shots with this gun, seriously, i've never missed a shot in the field... at the range is a different story though as i've put down many more rounds there, but where it counts the Rem700 hasn't let me down... it is clear to me that i'll probably never own a different brand of rifle as i'm perfectly content with my 700... but this is what you need to get to, pick the one you are most comfy with, its the one you'll love to pick up and you'll be happy shooting it for years to come... having one that has aftermarket support is important to a degree if you plan on doing mods like trigger work and etc.... in that regards its tough to fault the Rem700 or the Winchester Mdl70, two of the most popular guns ever made