HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are this guys chances?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 10:37 AM
in da woods

Default RE: What are this guys chances?

I agree with the others, bawa, why don't you back off the guy & give him the benefit of the doubt. there could be alot of factors as to why that arrow didn't penetrate. If it's a mechanical blade, and the shot is on an angle, the broadhead will start opening before fully penetrating, causing the arrow to whip around. Resulting in little penetration. The thing that bugs the hell out of me on this site lately, is the almighty authorities (that have never ever in all eterenity, had a shot go wrong) sit here & condemn people wtih out finding all the facts first. I have backed off from responding or starting forums because of people like you. Let's hear the whole story first. I don't think he took a hundred yard shot with his bow in the first place. As for the gun hunt, can you say with complete authority & knowledge that the deer is limping from his earlier shot? I just went through the same kind of situtation, where I though for sure I killed a buck last month, but to my dismay, could not find him after the hit. My arrow was completely covered in bright red blood. I even brought out people to help me track him. He apparantly only recieved a wounding shot. That is the first deer that I have not killed in 15 yrs of hunting. Now if I had posted that story, I'm sure that I would have been ripped to shreds. IBH- that deer will survive, they have an amazing ability to survive & recover. Whether or not his antler growth will be affected remains to be seen. Should you have taken him? Only you can answer that for sure.