HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Disability---Weak heart
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 09:15 PM
nystr8shooter
Spike

Default RE: Disability---Weak heart

johnny2 -

You mean there are now two 58 year old, disabledhunters in New York State? Who'd have thunk....LOL Welcome.

What you seek may take a while but the permit is good for several years. Each state has its own application process. I have such permits for NY, MN, and WI.

Apply for the Non Ambulatory Hunter Permit application from the NY State D.E.C. even if you are mobile. Have your doctor fill in the necessary data for submission. If you hunt state land, apply also for the Temorary Revocable Permit (TRP) and request a gate key. You will be allowed to unlock the barrier gate and access the service roads of some Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) as well as other state land with your vehicle or ATV. A list of WMA that allow access and the type vehicles allowed can be found online on their website.One last tip is to become very familiar withthe local Wildlife Manager.If you are looking for a place to hunt with access, he may know of landowners who wouldwelcome you.

I have some others tips for the woods if you are interested. Email me. We'll chat.

Rob