HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ontario moose hunter with ATV needed in new group 2008
Old 11-29-2007, 06:39 PM
rustysdream

Default RE: Ontario moose hunter with ATV needed in new group 2008

cantrap,

Thanks for the heads up.
I own a property in WMU #28 near Matheson and I'm also familiar with the area as well as the other WMU-s.
The WMU-s I've mentioned are all accessible by major highway (Hwy #11) and countless side roads. The only exception is WMU #25 but even that area can be reached from Hearst by any vehicle. Of course, I'm talking about the southernmost section of WMU #25 because there are no paved roads going into the interior. That's why it's quite easy to get a moose tag there...
I also have an ATV and I know that ATV trails are everywhere. Just have enough fuel and you can go for days in any direction.
We are not a flying in group nor do we want to hunt Hwy #11. We are equipped for long travel and ATV hunt (including boat and motor - if needed).
But again, it's a new group and if someone is interested, we would welcome new ideas and suggestions. We can also do it the easy way, just stay in WMU #28 and camp on my property.