HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My question of the day...I'm glad everyone keeps
Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

Default My question of the day...I'm glad everyone keeps

saying "ask away" because I got lots . At this point I know I need to pick up BP w/flask and measurer,caps/new nipple(s),R-balls,patches or patch material, Ball/bullet starter,jag,ball puller,patch puller, brushand another ram-rod becausesomeone did break the original (obviouslytried the long stroke technique [&o]).

Anything I've forgotten or that someone feels is mandatory or makes life easier please let me know and then jump in with some recommendations regarding the below issues, please!

The 2 major issues I 'm having today, 1.) As for patches, I see lubed/unlubed, dry, pre-saturated, cotton and ticking (what is ticking). 2.) I just got through browsing the "Grafs" website and my head is spinning. As an example: looking in the cleaning section I see under patches (clean, clean and season, clean-saturated, quick clean and rust prevent, etc.).Also under cleaning we've got solvents, sprays,gels, soakers, lubes, rust preventers, etc. . I'm sure you get the point [].

Whatdo Itruely NEED to get started, basicinitial cleaning and then maintain the rifle properly until I discover all the latest and greatest on my own?As a kid all I had for the 22 and shotguns was a hops kit with rod, brushes, patch holder, solvent and oil.Is it possible to get close to that easy with the BP? Again, thanks for putting up with me.