HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

I think you guys are missing something here. They don't just show up and pull the trigger/release an arrow. They show up and produce a video, in which they kill large deer in. I'm sure there is a fair amount of planning and homework involved in that. Just not all by one person. They have the owners do the scouting and stand setting because they simply can't do it, they have to many other places to be to spend that much time trying to shoot one deer.

They don't hunt for living, they produce videos for a living, among many other things depending on who you are talking about. I am sure Bill Jordan works fairly hard at what he does, he didn't get rich screwing around traveling to ranches to kill deer tied to a tree (which is how you guys make it sound sometimes).

If you don't like them then the simple thing is to not watch them. Not watch 6 hours of it a week and come on the internet and whine about how "unreal" it is. I don't even watch any of these channels because they just get a bit old after a while. I do have a few of the real tree videos though and find them interesting. I find it amazing how many can't seem to kill deer doing everything right, (supposedly) yet these guys can go out with a film crew and kill them. I don't care if its a ranch or not, deer are deer you still have to have a clue what you are doing. I have watched enough of these videos to know they don't all get shot at 300 yards in perfect conditions. As a matter of fact I'm having a hard time remembering that many that are like that. Most are much closer than that.

I would consider Chuck Adams to be someone that actually hunts for a living, and others like him.

Paul