HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your worst Shot
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 AM
johnnyc531
Fork Horn

Default Your worst Shot

The three deer I've taken with a gun have been shots right through the heart but I've not always been so lucky or accurate. Last Friday I was standing on a stump waiting when a huge doe walks past me, by the time I get the scope on her she is slightly turned away. I still got a sight on the vitals though, so I pull the trigger as she takes a few more steps and quarters away from me. Upset at myself thinking I missed I walk over and find a fairly decent blood trail and hair. I call my buddies and tell them I got blood and the trail is leading towards them. I follow the trail finding a few spots we she bedded down for awhile and bleed pretty good. Then suddenly Bang I hear a shot right in front of me. My buddy says he just shot a big doe, I walk over to help him find and and realize my blood trail went about 5 feet past his ground blind. Luckily He put a good finishing shot on the doe because my shot had unfortunately hit the deer in the right side of it's rear end. I gave him the deer and was a little upset with myself for such a poor shot, but at least the deer was harvested and didn't die somewhere in the woods and go to waste.