HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why I love gun hunting as well as bow
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 10:20 AM
aldo88
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why I love gun hunting as well as bow

Atlas that brought back some awesome memories of my own. Our house was "deer camp". My uncles would drive up here from the Pittsburgh area. Usually come up the saturday before hunting season. I was only 10 the first time and I too young to hunt, but remember getting up at 4 am with all the other hunters just to feel the excitment. Always watching out the patio window to see who would be the first the drag a deer up the driveway. I remember one timeGrandpa was sitting in the dining room eating lunch, and a 6 point ran through the back woods. He ran outside and shot from the deck, missed but just the excitement of watching my 65 year old grandpa shoot a deer gave me chills. As the years went by, less people came up to "camp". But I started my own memories hunting the hill from across the house. My dad got his first buck there, I got mine and then many years later, my son got his first buck there. Three generations from the same hillside. Those are the memories that can never be taken. So whether you like bow or gun better its all your preference. But its the stories that we all can read years down the road that will touch us in a certain way that we can say "That brought back some awesomememories of my own." Thank You all!