HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help with attaching my Lone Wolf Alpha Hang on stand
Old 11-24-2007, 09:12 AM
allegiance21

Default Help with attaching my Lone Wolf Alpha Hang on stand

I normally use a climbing tree stand because I only hunt public land and carry the stand in and out w/ me. However, within the last few years I've had many deer spot me in the tree. I decided just recently I would try a hang on stand for better concealment. After reading reviews on here and on cabela's.com I figured using the lone wolf alpha hang on with the lone wolf climbing sticks would allow me to get set up and ready to hunt in the shortest amount of time with less blood, sweat and tears. So I purchased the combination. I really felt like the EZ hang hook system would make setting it up by myself a cinch. My first question is one I think I already answered when trying to hang the stand in my parent's backyard. Can you use the ez hang hook with the offset bracket attached? It definitely didn't seem like the hook locked in with the bracket attached. If this is the case, has anyone used the ez hang hook on an awkward tree and felt stable? I figured I would want the offset bracket attached because I will never know what kind of bent tree I'll want to put the stand in when I hunt public land. I figured i could maybe put a screw in step in the tree first to hang the stand to free up an arm and then attach the straps onto the stand, but where i hunt screw in steps are illegal and it takes extra time to screw the step in. My goal here is to get up the tree as fast as possible ready to hunt while eliminating the sweat that hanging this stand might cause. If anyone has any tricks they use for hanging up hang ons quickly and easily that they could share w/ me i would GREATLY appreciate it.