HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buying my first bow. Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 09:17 PM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Default RE: Buying my first bow. Ideas?

ORIGINAL: TerryM

Look, everybody is going to recommend what they personally shoot and a few morons will bash other brands guaranteed. Any bow from the mid priced Bears, Diamonds, Reflexs and PSE will do the job and any of the top 3 being Bowtech, MAthews and Hoyt will shoot better than you ever will. You just need to try different ones and pick the one that feels best when you shoot it. And no, you don't have to spend $800.00 on a bare bow for it to kill a deer. If you buy used you can get great deals but if you buy new, you get a lifetime warranty.
Thanks for the advice, I realize that some brands are just higher priced then others namely the 3 that you mentioned. I will try many different brands and models and see what happens.

Should I try and shoot each bow at varying distances or should I just pick one distance and use that since I probably will not be able to use the same arrow for each bow. Or how about this, would it be a good idea to borrow a friend’s target arrows and only use them as I evaluate each model since that will help eliminate a few variables? (Not all of course) Or would that not be worth the trouble? But I bet not every bow will shoot the same arrow equally just like fire arms.