HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buying my first bow. Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 05:58 PM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Default Buying my first bow. Ideas?

Well it seems that I am finally going to do it, buy a bow within the next 2 months may be 3.

I have never bow hunted before but have shot new models on occasion with the most recent the DXT last night. It seemed to feel good at least to me (inexperienced) I have been hunting (gun)for the better part of my life so no stranger there; if it matters I have a 28 inch pull and can do the 70 LB draw.

So I am sure that this has been asked 1000 times but I am looking for opinions as to what bows to try. I am looking for modern models, that are fast (300 FPS or more) smooth, not to big (seem to like the short ones) light weight, quite, and reliable (something I can practice with allot) oh and good warranty and customer service if I should need it.

I will primarily bow hunt for whitetail deer (Midwest)

I don’t have an unlimited budget (most people don’t) but I realize you get what you pay for (most of the time)

I know 2 people who have Switchbacks and they really like them but I have not shot them yet. They told me that Matthews is hard to be (performance not price)

I have been exposed to the Mathews bows the most of any but they of course are the most expensive but seem to have a good reputation (at least around here)

So what bows do you recommend I try? Trying to keep an open mind with all manufactures. What ever feels good to me will be what I purchase.

Thanks for all input and opinions.