HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Field Journal (VA & NC)
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 01:29 PM
NEW61375
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Field Notes

Temp drop from 11-22 to 11-23 was 32 degrees with highs predicted in the low 40's for the nextcouple of days. A warm front had come through for most of the week but then last night the winds shifted and the warm front was blown out by a cold front from the NNW. Unfortunately I had to work today so I could not really take advantage of it but I hope somebody got out there and had some luck. I will be getting after them tomorrow, 11-24. The weather is forecast to still be cold and overcast so I got my fingers crossed. The moon rise was 3:45 p.m on the 23 and will set at 5:45 a.m and is full. Then it will rise again at 4:34 p.m on the 24th and set at 7:03 a.m. So that means it will be directly underfoot around 10:45 a.m.on the 24th and this weekend while it is full it will be over head a lot at nightafter shooting light(not ideal I think but we will see). Now if youfast forward aweek toNov. 30 the moon rises at 11:19 p.m and setsat 12:10 p.m the next day that puts it directly overheadalmost at sunrise (good morning hunt predicted). Now fast forward another weekto the new moon(Dec. 9)the moon will rise at 0715 a.m. and set at 4:25 p.m, that means it will be out all day anddark at night (no moon light because of the new moon and the time the moon is setting). My prediction is increased daylight activity especially middayand I will hunt from dawn to dusk as much as I can around that time.

**Disclaimer** just my thoughts and predictions and I will use them a lot next season as far as date and data comparison.