HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - JCChartgirl--Savage 210 12ga--Winchester XP3's and Success!!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:38 PM
ReDoT
Fork Horn

Default RE: JCChartgirl--Savage 210 12ga--Winchester XP3's and Success!!

Wow! sounds like a great hunt, wish my girl was more like yours.....had a love for the outdoors as i do that is. mine just likesgirly girly crap[>:] anyways,what have you concluded about the XP3's? (im a big lurker on the shotgunworld forum).do you prefer them over the core lokts? for next year i am setting up my encore w/a 28" (1:28 twist) barrel andthrowing on my 3x9 conquest up top. i am hoping to get sometight groups from either the core lokts, XP3's or the partition golds. this year my primary gun was my 870 WM w/26" hastings and an aimpoint red dot up top, thesmaller faster sabots just wouldnt stablizefor me, they were all over.finelly i shot some lightfield hybred elites and i am impressed with them to say the least. i can honestly shoot 3 shot cloverleafs @ 100 yds. I say a 3 shot group because 2 out of3 times you will get a flyer in a 5 shot group. and thatswith a HORRIBLE870 trigger.also with a MV of 1730fps, and ME of 3650 ft/lbs and a zero @ 125 yds, i am impressed for a near bore size projectile