HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Importance of Tradition in hunting
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:23 PM
curth83
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Importance of Tradition in hunting

tradition for me is kinda hard when it comes to deer hunting. my dad tried bow hunting 15-20 years ago and was never successful, so he hung up the bow. he tried again about 10 years ago or so with the muzzleloader, but again no success. while he does go hunting every year, it is usually only for a weekend and that is to do deer drives. i dont think that he really likes deer hunting but every year i try to get him out there.

i learned to hunt from my aunt and uncle, which i am very grateful for. if i still lived near them i would be hunting with them all the time. my dad had to move before the rest of the family when it was time for me to start deer hunting. he knew that my aunt and uncle would be great teachers and since he couldnt do it himself, he asked them to teach me everything they knew about hunting. they did a great job to say the least.

i do wish that my dad would go hunting a little bit more. i think that it is a great thing to be able to hunt right along side your father every once in awhile. since my dad hasnt really hunted with me much, i try to get friends and my brother to hunt with me as much as possible. trying to start new traditions i guess.