HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elevated pop-up blind
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:59 AM
chucker34

Default Elevated pop-up blind

I have a sweet spot in between two bedding areas that I like to hunt in the evening where I put a pop-up blind every year and see deer there. Problem is with the hills and ridges and mature trees, it's not very conducive to treestands. I've tried them 20 feet up and get spotted more often than not. The blind typically works pretty well. Get busted once in awhile but not usually.

Back to the hills and ridges, the only negative about my blind situation is I can't usually see deer until they're within about 50 yards and I'd like to be able to see out further. I am thinking about elevating my blind 5-6 feet on a simple platform and nestle the whole think against a multi-trunked tree and then brush it in further with vines and branchesto correct this problem.

Anyone ever elevate a blind in a similar fashion for bowhunting? I'm thinking that at 5-6 feet, some of my close shots might be eliminated due to shooting angles out of the blind. But most of my potential shots are from 20-30 yards anyway. In fact, elevating the blind 5-6 feet may even give me a few more shooting lanes over some brush that currently prohibits them.