HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First varmint rig
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:10 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First varmint rig

lol HDW...looking at my stock of guns, the most expensive rig in the house is my groundhog rifle...i got about 1200-1300$ sitting in a factory rifle lol...just to shoot groundhogs. drop another 500 or so into her, and she'll be a real shooter something addicting about a good varmint rig...i love to open up the case and hand it to someone that has never seen such a thing.

kinda kicking myself about the 22-250 choice...but here in PA, 350 or so is about the fartherst hillside to hillside shot...the rolling hills around here and development make it hard to find a true poke...350 or less is bang/splat...thats what i like...no recoil..find shells anywhere...works for me...

do i need a 1300$ rifle to shoot groundhogs? heck no...but missing is no fun...funny i usually draw in spectators....who woulda thought groundhog hunting to be a spectator sport?? lol i like watching jaws drop when i call a 200yd headshot...then tell the spectators to hit it with the range finder and go bring it back to me while i find me another