HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread
Old 11-19-2007, 11:52 PM
MN/Kyle
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Well team,

This has been one of the most frustrating but fun years in the woods I have ever had. The Season is no where near over, but the rut is quickly winding down. So far I've passed on a total of 5 different bucks. I honestly have seen a total of 5 doe this whole year. So that means from what I've seen this year, that the deer population in my woods is way down, and the buck to doe seems to be 1:1. Now, I haven't got out hunting NEARLY as much as previous years, you know because of school and everything. But I have been hunting a fair amount. With the freezing temps here, I may have to switch up my stratagies for the late season. I firmly believe that MOST of the deer on our property (400 acres) are in the HUGE tamarack swamp. It's a deer haven. There is one "hump" that is fairly accessable, and with the freeze, I may be able to sneak onto it. The outskirts of the swamp are full of sign but I do not think they are comming out until late (after shooting time). Getting to the hump, though tough (jumping deer/scent...etc.), just may be my key to success during the remainder of the season. Sorry I got long winded, basically thinking out loud, and I invite all of you to do the same. Good Luck.

Your Ever Trying Captain,
Kyle.