HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - There is something about nasty .....
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:47 PM
shawnfogelman
Fork Horn

Default RE: There is something about nasty .....

ORIGINAL: shed33

Personally, I think the old bucks, the real survivors figure out over time that during the rut, and when the conditions get really nasty, ie hvy rain, hvy fog, winds up to 20-25 mph gusts at times with a constant of about 10mph plus, snow, you name it, they actually feel more comfortable moving, sensing that less hunters are in the woods etc. Jm2c.

I sat three full days this past Friday, Sat and Sunday. High a top a big mountain(three different stands)in the hvy winds, rain and snow. Really chitty conditions at times...Not once did the 6 bucks I watched come by all in bow range but one(nothing Iwanted to shoot, but onereally nice 4x4 3.5 year old) act as if the nasty conditions bothered them. Three were following a doe and the other three out cruising.

Two of which hammered my mock scrape and put on a dancing show with their heads in my forehead gland scent....on the lickingbranches...The majority of movement, 4 out of 6 bucks were from 10 am until 2 pm.... makes methink the bucks anddoe that was leading the boys....have the hunters patterned more than we may give them credit for... and these were the young guys..

I am bowhunting rifle season.. I will add.. I heard gun shots only in the morning and afternoon..

I have five days off starting tomorrow, I plan on being out there all day... We eat T/G dinner after dark in our house
Shed, I made that same point a few weeks ago. According to my logs that I have kept on a daily hunting basis for the past 11 years, the majority of "Big Bucks" I see are in bad weather and between 11am to 2:45pm. When everyone else says the weather is too bad to hunt tomorrow...I know I'm going for sure.