HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread
Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 AM
8pt~Bowhunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

ORIGINAL: Barth

hey boys, got some good and some bad news to tell you all...well as u may know the 17th was the start of the wisconsin gun season and it was a damn fine mornin if u ask me...
well i was sittin by 5:45 and it didnt get within seeing light till about 6:30 and i wasnt seeing any activity but i was hearin shots all around me...uhhh i was so pissed but at about 7:15 my dream came true i heard a running deer so i looked to my left and realized 90 yards away was two does running the swamp line...i didnt think nothing of it, but then i looked behind them and realized holy **** theres a buck chasing them..oh boy i thought so i quickly threw my gun up and led him in my scope and boom! but hey hes still running so i found him again in my scope and at this time hes runner full tilt so i led him even more and Boom! and then i seen the does run off but no buck. i thought to myself oh man i missed this magnificent buck twice u got to be kiddin me, so i got down and went over to see if there was a dead buck and i looked and looked and nope go figure so i start making my way back when i heard russling in the leaves so i looked and the buck was laying dead twitching 100 yards from my stand.....WOW!!! i was so excited. i went up to it and realized it was bigger then i thought. its a 11 pointer with split brautines and is alittle over 17 inches inside and pretty massive.. so i gut him out thinkin this is my biggest buck ive ever shot im gonna get it mounted so i only cut up so far so i could cape it out. and then i realized he had a hole in his front leg almost at the belly...wow that looks like a broadhead hole to me only to find out this is the buck i shot with bow...telling by the camtrakker pics of it with my arrow hanging out of it. I thought man if only i could of shot it with bow i could of had my 142 3/8 inch 11 pointer on the board...man o man i was excited but then disapointed... by the way ill be posting some pictures of it as soon as i grab my camera from our cabin, which ill be going to tonight after i get some sleep...i just got off work and thought while im awake i mise awell tell yall about it...and ill have them pictures on asap
Congratulations!!! It sounds like he's a monster!