HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage: are they worth the hype?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
live2Draw
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rage: are they worth the hype?

I shot a pretty good bodied deer about three nights ago with the two blade. slight quartering away shot, around 30 yards,through both lungs and out the shoulder. could'nt find the arrow so it had to still have some good energy behid it. the blood trail was more like a spray about 2 feet on either side of the track. i think the three blade would have done a little more damage, simply because they have more cutting surface. I amnot shooting the most crazy set up so I know that out of a newer faster bow they would be great. I had one head where the bevel on the bottom of the blade was a little rounded and not staying in too well. 30 seconds with a small file and that was done. The Kwikee kwivers hold them with no Issues. i would not put them in a foam base quiver. I also would stick to my montecs out of the ground blind. over all they are great heads. I just bought them to review them. I have shot deer with a few different heads, as i am kinda a gear nut.these and the 75 grain rockets expandables had by far the best trails. but I dont think you can go wrong with a well designed broadhead, mechanical or fixed blade. they all have thier uses, and they have all had more money and research put into that one little hunk of metal than any of us have spent. Just keep your shot placement perfect and you should be golden
Phil