HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread
Old 11-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Mr October
Fork Horn

Default RE: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

The Mrs and myself where on a hunting honeymoon at coopers creek outfitters. It was a ruff week in Illinois we had wind all week 15-40 mph at any given time. The deer activity was at a minimum to say the least. Iwas on stand for 5 days sun up till down (long windy days). On the last day at 148 a buck came from behind me at 60 yrds right into my wind. he never came close enough, later that afternoon at 3pm he showed back up with a doe even further away EEEERRRHHHhh! Then at 343 pm I heara rustling in the timber up over the ridge comes this 8 pt with the doe following him. Hummm who wears the pants there. I really was laxed because I had turkey all day long make the same racket. The deer where headed out to a cut corn field I was set up off of. The deer walked a straight line at 31 yards but stopped to stare at me. I hit everything in my treestand that would make a noise the bow hanger the stand my range finder. The bottom line was broad side shot at 31 yards. the deer made a 300 yard NASCAR circle and died 50 yards from the stand. It was a long slow search the shot was further back then I would have liked (I hit a twig that I didnt see) we had good blood in the begining but it vanished after 75 yards. It wasnt the biggest deer but the activity was slow and we need points on the board.