HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bullets--what do the Professional Hunters Use
Old 11-16-2007, 05:10 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bullets--what do the Professional Hunters Use

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

There is another way to look at what bullet to use, it bothers me when some of these people say this is the best bullet like there was only one, I have a lot of best bullets and loads, the most talked about is what to use for deer; ok deer in the thick woods on my own property I use 110 gr of 777-FF and a 250 Gold Dot I know my shots there will be under a 100yds usually under 50yds; but I almost always draw a tag for both of the near by refuges different circumstances long shots possable so I use 110 gr 777-FF and a Shock Wave 200gr -50/40 sighted to be 3 inches high @100yds and it will be dead on at about 175yds and 4 inches low at 200yds and since I have taken deer with both loads I can tell you they both work very well, but when I go elk hunting I use a 300gr Gold Dot or a 300gr SW circumstances change what is best and if you adapt to them it gives you better odds of sucess. Lee
Yes, I agree with you. I am using a Parker Ballistic Extreme 275gin my Savage for my "open field" 150-175 gun, and a 300g Nosler Partition for my Omega, my 100 yard gun and a 300g Gold Dot in Crushed rib sabot for my FL which is sighted in at 50 yards. All I feel are the best in that given situation, so I am thinking like you Lee, each gun has it's own personality and likes a given bullet, load and sabot. Chap Gleason