HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wierd things you' ve seen while hunting!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Andy Wi Deer Hunter

Default RE: Wierd things you' ve seen while hunting!!!

not really strange but really funny...a few year ago while bowhunting, me dad and i were walking down a trail and spotted a squirrel about 60 yards down the trail. my dad said " i bet you can' t hit um" so of coarse i had to proove him wrong. so i knocked an arrow and let one fly. the arrow flew about 40 yards and hit the ground and all kinds of dust flew..we walk towards where the squirrel was and couldn' t belive our eyes..we saw a big grey bushy thing laying next to my arrow. so we get closer and realize i had cut the tail off the little bugger and he had run away. we never laughed so hard. i know the sounds cruel but it was really funny.
the arrow must have skipped off the ground and nailed him. so the following year i' m up in my treestand and i see this strange little mammel wondering around. then it dawned on me that it was my tailless squirrel alive and well. those things look so weird without a tail. we have seen him the past three seasons so he' s a tough little bugger.