HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i dont get it...just dont understand
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 PM
TommyGunn

Default i dont get it...just dont understand

well i scouted this new spot sunday and found some nice buck sign. seen some fresh scrapes and some big rubs leading into a cutover. i took off work and hunted it yesturday and today. it was 72 yesturday and 77 today. i was sitting downwind of the cutover and got in there at 1 each day. i parked the 4wheeler about 200yds downwind of the cutover and seen a guy(that was tresspassing) sittin against a tree. i ran him off and only seen 2 does that afternoon. whats going on? all that bucksign and i was so confident that i was in the right place at the right time. went back today sat from 12 till 2 and had to leave cause a guy was drivin a tractor in the woods right under my stand so i left and went on my cornfeeder and only seen 1 doe right at dark. now this cutover is the bedding area i think and seen 22 deer 2 weeks ago about 400yds down trail they were coming out of the cutover. where did all the deer go? the wind was right yesturday i dont get it. is it just too hot and the bucks wont move till dark. should i keep hunting it and hope nobody comes runnin in there again or hunt a new spot. how does the warm weather effect deer movement this time of the year? i was very disappointed because the rubs are bigger then any ive ever hunted before.