HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WV Hunter Dies In Treestand Fall
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
goherd1111
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WV Hunter Dies In Treestand Fall

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I almost wore one, once. I usually put a tree-strap above my hang-ons and ladder stands, but, Ive never worn a harness. The straps are on the tree for my brother. I want him to wear one and Im thinking that Im going to buy the Harness Vest for him. Ive witnessed falls or various degrees, some fatal, some not.

Are you all aware that any fall 3x your hieght is considered a TRAUMA, or TRAUMATIC ?

Sometimes, when Im in a tree, Im thinking "man I should have my harness on, Id be much more at ease". I have plenty of harnesses, but I think that the vest harness will be easier for him.
Why are you so worried about your brother wearing one but you refuse to wear one. Sound like a hypocrite to me. Sorry to be so harsh here but you're not really making much sence. I am really surprised that so many people don't wear a safety harness. And for you bigtim, they do make harnesses for big men. It's really gonna hurt when you hit the ground. As you guys can tell this topic really urks me. Just put the damn thing on and start getting use to it. They really aren't that big of an inconvenience. A harness has never cost me a deer or even a shot at a deer.