HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - #4 buck and choke
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default #4 buck and choke

ok...save me the "every gun is different" speech..i know that...

just looking for a starting point here...i shoot a remington 870 express mag turkey gun(3") with a 21" barrel...going to pattern it with #4 buck for predator hunting..was recommended #4 buckshot for yotes and fox...picked up 3 boxes of remington express 3" mag loads (41 pellets) i have 3 chokes for the gun...stock extended extra full turkey choke, a Undertaker Hevi-shot extended choke(ID is a hair larger than the remington turkey choke...wanna say .670 or .675. and a standard remington modified. never fired buckshot from anything other than the 590 with a straight barrel not made to reach out there...

plan to test all 3 chokes...figuring the undertaker or the modified will throw the best patterns...

just curious if anyone has suggestions or anything...really dont know anything about predator hunting..probably looking for good 40-50yd patterns...but know if i dont get them to just limit my range...i know the undertaker throws great patterns with anything i feed it..

suggestions for a choke if all else fails?? not looking to buy an 80$ choke right now...i will just limit the range if needed...

thanx