HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WV Hunter Dies In Treestand Fall
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
goherd1111
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WV Hunter Dies In Treestand Fall

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Man, I hunt from 20-35 feet off of the ground and Ive never worn a harness, not while in a climber or hang-on. Ive almsot fell twice. But, Ive fallen 18' from a faulty ladder and I was fine, I did land in a bush, though !!

I think my Military and civlian Fire/Rescue experience has made me comfortable with hieghts to the point where I feel almost on the ground even at 30'.

Sad to hear. I hunt with a guy that fell out of a stand 2 years ago and broke his back. He ALWAYS wears his harnes now.
Droptine, I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but man it is just plain stupid of you not to where a safety harness when you are 20-35' up a tree. I hope I don't log on to huntingnet one day and read a thread stating droptine falls 35' out of tree. For heaven sakes, wake up and smell the coffee. Go buy a damn harness. I currently have four hang ons and a climber in the woods. Every stand has a harness connected to the tree as we speak. It's 50.00 bucks that could save your life. IMO, its just plain ignorance not to be the safest that we can be. Not only that, most treestands come with a free harness. That's what I use. So there is really no excuse not to have one and wear it.