HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SMOKING and PEEING out of your stand does NOT affect your hunt!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:14 AM
livbucks
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SMOKING and PEEING out of your stand does NOT affect your hunt!!!

I once had a colonistic emergency one day in the stand. Jumped out, ran down the trail about twenty yards was faced with messing up the leaves or my pants, one or the other. Well, I polluted the place pretty bad. Thought my hunting was ruined. Later that day a monster 11 point walked right over that spot and within 18 yards of my stand. I subsequently hit a branch and missed him. It wasn't the smells that cost me that buck.
There were also some cig. butts laying around my stand too..

I think it depends on the area you hunt more than anything. Wilderness deer are more sensitive to human intrusion.

Smoking isn't some character flaw...just a bad habit. No different than drinking coffee. I know people that are virtual saints who smoke, and some real low life criminals who never smoked. I think it's about time highbrow people quit looking down their nose at good guys that partake of a legal activity such as smoking. Do your "judging" by some other criteria.