HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SMOKING and PEEING out of your stand does NOT affect your hunt!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Hoytail Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SMOKING and PEEING out of your stand does NOT affect your hunt!!!

ORIGINAL: Howler

I still think alot of it has to do with the fact that deer don't asoociate the source of human fluids to human. Instead, they quickly recognize the smell of human from our body odor!
Play the wind is still key, but body fluids just don't seem to alert deer as does body odor.
Ibelieve you corroborate what I said in my post previous to this.

Thinking more about it now, I'm not so sure if smoking will harm your chances at harvesting deer anymore than if you weren't smoking because the smoke you exhale still contains the scent of your breath.

I guess bottom line is it doesn't matter what you do or don't do, you can still kill or not kill deer. I personally wash all my clothes in scent and dye free detergent and baking soda. I spray myMickey Mouseboots down with scent killer. I don't walk directly on deer trails. I don't smoke. I carry a piss bottle. I usually have an east and a west tree for a north/south funnel and vice versa for an east/west funnel. I only hunt a stand if the wind is right. And out of it all, I kill deer so I'll stick with it til it doesn't yieldharvest anymore.

Happy hunting.