HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you guys stay calm??
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Mikey S.
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do you guys stay calm??

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

How do you guys stay calm when you have deer in your immediate presence, i have all kinds of trouble, i shake my heart pounds adrenaline is rushing, i cant help but shake!! i get so excited i cant hardly control it i try breathing DEEP and holding it and letting it out but it helps for about 2 seconds, anyone got any tips of the trick for me??

Thanks.
Ryan.
I havne't read all the replies, but I believe someone mentioned experience. I'll agree 100%. Letting deer walk, just watching them helped me when I was younger. I also immediately pick the spot I want to shoot, and tell myself "it's only a deer, if he gets away without me shooting, others will come." I'll also admit that since I took up target archery 5 years ago, and having to shoot in front of a crowd once inawhile, has helped my shot confidence and nerves immensely. It's fun out in the woods now, and I can honestly remember every detail of every shot nowadays, right down to the trigger squeeze and my arrow hitting my spot since I've learned how to stay focused.