HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SMOKING and PEEING out of your stand does NOT affect your hunt!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Hoytail Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SMOKING and PEEING out of your stand does NOT affect your hunt!!!

ORIGINAL: GregH

My interesting story is that I smoke in my stand, pee out of my stand and sometimes cough while in my stand. While I don't recomend it, the funny part of the story is that I kill some decent bucks once in a while.

I don't have any cousins that hunt so I usually go by myself.
Well Greg, since I want to be like you "when I grow up",I might have to rethink my hunting game plan. Maybe smoke and pee aren't asdetrimental as I thought?

Geee, now I'm confused. Why then is it, that deer patterns and travel routes start changing as soon as hunting season opens? I take it that it's moreso due to the violent encounters they havewith hunters rather than the scent that those hunters are leaving in the woods? But, if that's the case thenshouldn't they alsoassociate those smells belonging to those hunters with the violent encounters they've had with them too?

And if smoking and peeing out of your stand isn't that detrimental then why is it that scent control is the number one thing stressed when it comes to bowhunting? I guess that the deer aren't so much afraid of those smells as the smells (for example your sweat or breath) that tell them there's a live predator in the area right that second?