HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:26 PM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Default RE: TC Omega w/ NIKON BDC optic.

I have the exact same set up but only using 100 g of powder pellets. I don’t think a magnum load is really necessary unless your gun needs to shoot that. Plus the thing kicks like a mule and if you’re not in a shooting vice that helps keep the recoil down you will not be able to shoot long and more importantly consistent.

I like the Nikon scope but if read the directions there is a way to tailor that scope with the loading that you like. If you do not have directions anymore just let me know and I will paste them.

I agree that if you tame back on the amount of powder the groups should be closer.

I have been using the Shockwave 250 and seen decent shooting at 100 yd’s but I hope I can get the pattern to tighten a bit more (2 inch groups at 100 yd’s) haven’t went any further then that yet due to the limitation at the range. Plus the gun is still very new only 25 round shoot through it so far.

I have some Barnes bullets and the box says that they need 150 G of powder but I only used 100 and didn’t even hit the paper when I just hit a bull’s-eye the shot before with a shock wave 250. Crazy how this works!