HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:26 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TC Omega w/ NIKON BDC optic.

DropTine249

Quite often in fact more than quite often magnum loads (150 grain) will not give you the best accuracy - it will get the bullet there quicker and it will get it in the area...

One of the reasons I have even looked at Nikon BDC ( I think that is the one that is set up for 150 grains/250 bullet) What if you do not shoot that load? I do use ballistic reticules but you have to detirmine the drop of your particular load.

I shoot either 100 or 110 grain loads and they do the job quite effectively. i would suggest to you that you drop back to 100if you are using pellets and give that a try - I am sure your accuracy will come together.

Here are my favorite loads for my Omega:

Here are my most favorite loads as written in another posr...

for Elk
100 grains T7-2f (loose) .458/300 grain(45-70) Nosler Partition PP, HPH-24 Sabot, 25 acp ignition
for deer
100 grains T7-2f (loose) .451/260 grain Nosler Partition HP, HPH-24 sabot, 25 acp ignition

These bullets are expensive so for an alternative and a bullet that I can shoot paper as well as big game - I am moving to the Speer Gold Dot Bonded HP's, either the .452/300 for elk or the .452/250 for deer. Same powder load and sabot.

I buy all of my bullets in bulk reloaders boxes and order the sabots separately... trying to keep cost down. Buying bubble packages of bullets and sabots can really add up.

Good luck with your new gun...