HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Florida Wildlife..
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida Wildlife..

Well,

I'm taking pills for hook worms..I got from my garden. About 9 :00 I felt my bowels making an urge..My spot looks decent so I didn't wantto ruin it..I crept down the tree..walked to a field .dug a whole and ....tried ot cover my tracks.

I went back up and stayed for a while ..heard some heavy breaking of brush once..that was it.

Sunday is family day...so I don't hunt on Sunday..I'm going out tonight after school and will sit till dark and get my stand..WE get alll of next week off. I will speck fish the weekends and sit in my stand Mon- Friday

Birding is nearly impossible without good binoculars..Once my stand is hanging I;ll pack my 10 x 42 Leupolds..Teh best birds are pretty much gone now Chris..TEh migration starts in late Aug and ends in the middle of October..However the following can be seen now.

American Kestral....falcon
Merlin....falcon
Sharp Shinned Hawk...
Cooper's Hawk
Red SHouldered Hawk
Red Tailed Hawk
Eastern Phobe
Swallow Tailed Kite
Robin
later in Dec...Cedar Waxwing ,Gold Finch, Northern Oriole

Warblers for now..
Palm
Yellow Rumped
Pine
Parula
Common Yellow Throat
Praire
Oven bird
yellow Throated Warbler
Black and White Warbler

Other small birds..
Carolina Chickadee
Brown Nuthatch
Bluegray Gnatcatcher
White Eyed Vireo
Acadian Flycatcher
Great Crested Flycatcher

I heard an Eastern Screech Owl in my stand last Sat..awesome...most here here the Barred Owl ..the Screech is awesome.

the thing to learn is what are the foods white tails love to eat the most...and where that food is

PS good birding binoculars are 8 x 42
excellent ones are 10 x 42

I find the green ring 10 x 42 Leupolds to be wonderful.Some Walmarts now carry them for about 268.00

C7